A Week In My Life|School Life Post Lockdown/Strike

Happy New Year in February? Happy New Year guys! Welcome back to my blog 🙋

This is my first blogpost of the year because I’ve not been feeling up to blogging honestly. The few posts I drafted out didn’t come out well so I didn’t publish them.

This year has been an okay one so far. I’m learning to take things one step at a time and stop overthinking/worrying because it wouldn’t change anything.

I’ve still not gotten back the mojo for blogging, but I just decided to use this post as a trial to test the waters and see if I can get back to it.

So I started school again after 11 months of staying at home due to the lockdown then strike. Actually my University went on warning strike 2 weeks before the lockdown and it became a full blown strike that ended up lasting for 10 months. I’ve lost a whole calendar year and I don’t even want to think about it

We were still in first semester before the strike so we resumed to round off the semester and write exams. So let’s move into the main part of this post while I gist you guys what happened this week. I actually didn’t even spend my whole week in school but it’s whatever.


I had moved in to school the Friday of the previous week to clean up my room and arrange my stuff for school but I came back home on Saturday and the plan was to go back to school on this day but that didn’t happen.

On this day I went to church and for some reason the service took a long while and we closed late. By the time we got to my grandparents’ house (we usually go there every Sunday after church), I was too tired to even have lunch so I took a power nap. It was short, but it made me feel better. I had lunch then I went to help in the kitchen. We were celebrating my cousin’s first birthday that day so we were preparing fried rice and that food requires so many hands on deck when cooking in large quantity which we were doing.

By the time we got the food ready and we were done eating, I had received a call that there was no water and light in school so I decided to sleep over and go to school the next day because my course rep had informed us that we didn’t have any physical class the next day.


I had a pretty chill day. I spent my day with my grandparents, did some reading, had siesta then left for school. On my way to school, I stopped at the shopping mall to get some skin care products which I’ll be sharing with you guys in another post. I got to school in the evening and then did some more reading, had dinner and slept.


I woke up really early on this day and started back my normal school routine. I also woke up with a runny nose which was to be expected considering all the dust I inhaled while cleaning my room during the weekend. Before getting ready for school, I did some reading then had breakfast and got ready for class.

Being in the classroom and learning again after 11 months was an extreme sport. I had only one class on this day after which I went to the pharmacy to get medicine for the catarrh then chilled with some of my course mates before I went back to my hostel. I had some biscuits while reading that afternoon and that served as my lunch then I went out(not out of campus, out of my hostel but still on campus) in the evening to buy bole(roasted plantain) and had that for dinner. I ended my day with more reading.


I wasn’t expecting to still wake up with catarrh but I did and I was super drowsy for the whole day. I didn’t have any class this day so I slept on and off till afternoon then I left my room to run some errands. I came back in the evening and I did little reading before I slept. This day was so unproductive.


I had a fever at night and my temperature was high. By morning the catarrh had gotten worse. I went out to run some errands then came back to my room and had a nap. I had a zoom class that afternoon so I woke up to prepare for the class and it was an absolute trash. Network was acting up, we were too much attending the class because it was not only my department that offered that course. It was a faculty course so we were plenty and the class was rowdy and noisy. But we got the PDF file of the lecture after the class.

After the class, I had lunch, spent some time doing random things then I went back home that evening because I was still not feeling better.


I had another zoom class by 9am and it was quite better than the previous one. I had breakfast after the class then read. This day’s reading hit different because everything went smoothly and I was understanding with ease. In the evening, I went to the salon to get my nails painted a pretty shade of nude. My younger brother came back home from boarding school in the evening and we had a pretty chill evening.

The sun changed the colour to look brownish


I finally feel better today and the catarrh is completely gone so I did some house chores, had breakfast then did laundry. I read for a while till I got restless then went to take some pictures of my skincare products I purchased. That was the post I was supposed to publish today but this seemed more fun as my first blogpost for the year. I started typing this post in the evening and finished in the night because I took lots of breaks chilling on Instagram.

Some of the pictures I took today

That’s what my first week of resumption looks like. Physical classes have not resumed fully and as much as I may not want to admit, I miss physical classes. They’re stressful, but it’s a better means of communication for my course.

Hopefully I get back my blogging mojo but I probably won’t be posting on a schedule. I’ll post immediately I have content as long as I’m free. It may be frequent or not, we’ll see.

I almost forgot, thank you so much for 200 followers. I was so excited when I saw it and it was a new follower who made me aware before even WordPress did. To my new followers, you’re welcome and I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Feel free to binge read my previous blogposts too.

Thanks for reading✌️

13 thoughts on “A Week In My Life|School Life Post Lockdown/Strike

  1. Welcome back, Wendy!
    School has resumed for you, you’re so lucky! The online classes are reducing my level of seriousness and it sucks so much. And, I love your nails, they are so pretty.

    Congratulations on your followers! More to come! XO

    Liked by 1 person

    • I feel indifferent about this resumption, maybe because it has been delayed for so long.
      Same here. It’s to easy to be relaxed and get distracted. But then again it’s stress free so we can’t have it all.
      Your school hasn’t resumed yet?

      Thank you sis!


  2. It’s funny I just finished reading your blog when you commented on mine! Glad to see you back posting. I completely understand not feeling up for it. I hope things get easier and Congratulations on your followers!

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Congrats on 200 followers! 🎉I’m so happy we get to resume the session again but after taking a break from academics for a whole year, I’m honestly having a hard time studying for exams😩
    Your nails are pretty Wendy🤗

    Liked by 1 person

    • Thank you Yinda.
      The break was super long and that studying problem is everywhere girl.
      And an update from this post, school has been super stressful. At this point, I’m studying assignments because that’s all I do these days


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s